|Main Street Markham Farmers' Market
Vendor Policies in DOC Format
Back to Farmers' Market Main Page
- All Saturday Vendors must be set up and ready to sell at 8am. Tear down will not take place until 1pm when the market closes.
- All Vendors must sell only the products, goods or services they have registered on their Vendor Application form. You may update your product line with approval from the Market Director.
- Vendors are not permitted to sublet their booth space. No exceptions.
- Vendors are responsible for their own set-up and clean up. If there is garbage left behind, the Vendor will incur a $40.00 clean up fee.
- All products, goods or services sold must be approved by the Market Director. They must be of the highest quality, no seconds or discounted items will be permitted. All products, goods or services will be judged by a committee made up of market vendors, the manager and the Director of the Farmers Market. This committee will be formed prior to the start of each year by volunteer or appointment by the Director. All appointments to this committee must be approved by Market Director.
- All Products, goods or services must be displayed in a professional, clean and organized manner. It is important that everyone maintain a very high standard and quality.
- The Market Manager assumes the right to reassign your spot if you are not setup by 8am. If you are late or can not make it, please call the Market Manager at 905 472-2462. Any four missed weeks in a season will result in a vendor losing their assigned spot regardless of the circumstances. Their will be no refund of vendor fees.
- 2 million dollar liability insurance is required. Please submit a certificate of insurance with your payment.
- Any problems with other vendors, or any other issues that arise, please consult the Market Manager.